Thursday, September 11, 2008

School Days
After a fantastic end of summer weekend in Charleston visiting Ashley, Rod, Emma, and Boyd as well as the Fulmers, Elsie started school the Wednesday after Labor Day. Here she is on the front stoop with her lady bug backpack and her pug getting ready for her big day.

She is the youngest in her class at the Montessori Academy of Savannah, but she is the tallest and she let them know she was in charge. Within minutes of arriving at school, she was pulling out kiddie chairs, pointing, and telling the other children to "sit here... sit here." That was my cue to leave.

She is doing well though. As our first and only right now who has been home running the show for two years, she has trouble with circle time and activities where she is not in charge of the group. Evidently, though, her teacher says she has lovely manners so when she doesn't want to do something she simply says
"no please."

At Parents' Night, her father had some trouble joining the group as well--he wouldn't participate in the sing-along and left me stranded during the social hour when he fled to the parking lot to rescue the bourbon he had left in the car. So, I wonder where Elsie gets it from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! "No please." I'm going to try that one myself.

What a lovely girl! Love the denim dress. I always wore a dress on the first day of school, too. Until the day I laid dresses aside almost entirely!