Sunday, November 01, 2009



Working Girl

Elsie was telling me that she was a mommy going to work when she was dressed up like this. While the shoes look familiar, I don't think I usually leave the house dressed quite like this. Elsie loves to "pretend" when she plays--pretending to go to work, go the grocery, go to Target, and go to bed are some favorite role plays--how quotidian and amazingly familiar. And while some "games" involve more imagination, these are the favorites.

Last night, I left our dinner festivities to go home and put Kit down and let her sleep at home with a sitter there. I met up with Elsie and the gang at the trick or treating site, Bluff Drive. On the way to meet me, David told me that Elsie said she was "so excited to see Mommy." David, making conversation, asked her what she loved about Mommy and her reply was "because she comes home." I'm not sure what I make of that?

No comments: