I TWO!
So the night we got back from Atlanta--January 2nd--two nights after my epic ailing, one night after Elsie's, AND just before David's pain kicked in, we had just a few neighbors down to partake in the birthday cake for the party that wasn't. Here are a few shots of Kit getting to blow out some candles--better than the cake itself for her.... She doesn't have a sweet tooth like her dad her sister!
The next morning with Daddy home in bed, we visited Dr. Stone and got Kit's stats:
36.3 inches tall 96%
30 lb 85%
47.5 head 51%
Physically, she is developing nicely--on track with her sister... She's a big un.... And she is a fast runner and happy swimmer. She's enjoying the Mommy and Me gymnastics and is great with walking her legs up the wall to do a handstand! She can count to ten and can get on a roll with her ABCs. She understands just about everything we say and has some wonderful phrases:
Frosty the MoMan
Rudolph the Nose Dear
I'm Dit. ("I'm Kit" while pointing to her nose--her response if you ask her name!)
Dit do it, Mommy. ("Kit do it"--happening more and more now that she is 2!)
Watch this... See.... or Watch Dit.... see....
I 2! (with some form of two fingers/thumb pointed--I'm two!)
I UH Yew. (My favorite--I love you!)
And her first sentence longer than an imperative statement may have been a few weeks ago when she opened the shower door while I was showering to tell me "Elsie spit at me." Beyond the obvious lack of concern with her mother's privacy, this also reveals Kit's propensity for lying and projecting. Most likely, she spit at Elsie.
Fortunately, this troublemaker is very funny when not making trouble.

No comments:
Post a Comment