Dit Do It!
Here is a picture of Kit trying to put a helium-filled balloon in a lunchbox. And perhaps, this shot says all I need to say about her. She is creative, funny, stubborn, impractical, determined, innovative.... and of course adorable... and perhaps this act embodies some of those things... And even lots of pictures and words wouldn't really capture her anyway? This week, for example, we had a few bath-time incidents including the aforementioned poop in tub and then the subsequent sh&% in shower episode... We had lots of booty shaking and head bobbing to music. We had fast running and high jumping. We had singing and sentences galore. We also had a few tantrums and tears and "I'm sorry, Mommy" after some bad behavior.
But then, in just one of the many sentences that have bloomed this spring, the most lovely line left her lips last Monday. She turned the corner as I was leaving the bathroom and saw me dressed for work in a swirly skirt with a kind of flower pattern and spontaneously exclaimed, "That's beautiful mommy..." What more could a mother want this mother's day week/weekend? I returned the sentiment, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment