



Now I know why there were so many more pictures taken in Elsie's first year: they don't do much and you really can't help yourself and they seem to change daily. Kit is one week old already and we are enjoying getting to know her.
So, to catch you up on the new year's happenings... I started feeling some form of contractions New Year's eve but didn't think they were of consequence--we went and had a lovely dinner at the Martins. On New Year's Day, after a decent night's sleep, I awoke feeling definite contractions eight minutes apart about 7am and they became more intense and closer together over the next few hours. Elaine headed over to care for Elsie, and Mom and Dad headed down from Atlanta. We got to the hospital at 9:30 or 10 and my doctor was on call, and she confirmed that not only would I be having a baby, but most likely, in true Howells/Harvey fashion, I'd have a baby by lunchtime. And after brief labor (thank you, good birthing genes), she arrived at 12:22pm. I was a celebrity at the hospital for having her so rapidly and my doctor suggested I could have an army of little ones or investigate surrogacy. Relieved and delighted to have our healthy little girl, we were still trying to adjust to her early arrival. Mom, Dad, and Elaine brought Elsie over to meet her sister at 4 or so that afternoon and we had a very sweet visit.
The next day, Friday, we were able to go home early after Kit was given the A-OK by her pediatrician. Ann and Roy came over from Alabama to meet their new granddaughter and visited for the weekend. It was a good thing Kit was here to soothe these Bama fans after the bowl loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment