
Every morning for the past week, Elsie's first words to us are about her "baby sister":
- Where is baby sister?
- Can I hold baby sister?
- I kiss baby sister.
- What baby sister doing?
Her enthusiasm is heartening especially after a sleepless night when her parents are more than aware of where baby sister is and might not feel so sweetly toward her at that given moment. Elsie has worn her big sister T-shirt on loan from Emma Pace and her big sister jacket embroidered especially by Addie. She brought big sister cookies and pictures to school for show and tell. She tells everyone she meets "I have a baby sister." We hope that the positive feelings continue after Grammy leaves and Daddy goes back to work and the sharing really begins in earnest.
1 comment:
Congrats on your new little one! Kudos to you for getting pics up on the blog--you're more on it than I was, that's for sure.
Here's to being mothers of two kids--dang, I feel old.
Best,
Audrey
Post a Comment