Thursday, July 29, 2010

Princess Ballet Camp




So, being a stranger to the world of ballet, I avoided it this year. However, Elsie seemed drawn to tutus and put on home shows as a ballerina and demonstrated lots of enthusiasm but clearly no genetic predisposition for dance. I was relieved, though, to hear that it was ok that I had boycotted ballet class when a lot of my friends started grousing about the costumes, the costs, the shows, the costs, the requirements, and the costs. But Elsie's delight in tip toeing and determination to twirl left me feeling guilty. My solution was to dig dip and sacrifice by sending the girl to one week of Princess Ballet Camp which seemed low key and low obligation. Perhaps Elsie could get just enough ballet to last her through the phase and we could move on to hockey or karate or step dancing or something... But unfortunately, Princess Ballet Camp was high on princesses, Disney marketing, and "etiquette" and low on ballet. So now what?

No comments: