What I Want




Recently, one evening with wine in hand at Hilton Head on the porch, my dear dear friend Jenn recently asked me what I wanted for my girls for their future--I love Jenn for asking me questions I find myself wanting to answer yet surprised by my response. And I was surprised when I immediately responded that I wanted them to be friends... like Barbara and I have become over the years... One of my greatest greatest delights in recent days is the many occasions where I hear Elsie's contagiously uncontrollable giggles at something her sister is doing. They play together so well and Elsie seems entranced and Kit eager to entertain. Just this evening, I came out from putting Kit down to find David and Elsie laying on the sofa reminiscing about their favorite parts of our really good weekend and Elsie beside herself imitating a Kit maneuver. It slays me... it really does. Kit said her first "I love you" last week when she said good-bye to her Grammy--it came out "I UH OOOu." Since then, Elsie works hard to elicit the sentiment from her sister. Cheers to that--may it always be true!
No comments:
Post a Comment